Monday, December 7, 2009

Sunday

was a busy day. We were running from morning till night, and then came home to veg in front of the tv. What a treat that was! Breakfast today was oatmeal and milk, lunch was chicken soup, with blueberries and whipped cream for dessert. Supper was shrimp and rice, with chili sauce, and stir fried veggies. Snacks in front of the tube? GF Muffins and milk! Ah, what a lovely day.

One of the things we did today, was to return a set of pots to Costco. We bought this set last January on a whim. I regretted the purchase within a month. Since the cost was quite high (599.99 - ouch!) I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if we could return them, as they had proven to be dangerous. Every time I used them, I either got a steam burn or a "handle" burn. Not a good thing. Anyway, it turns out that we could return them, no questions asked. AND for real money on our credit card,not a credit note! Now, is that service or what? I LOVE COSTCO. If you are not 100% happy, they make it right. You just can't find a better place to shop! So, now my old Lagostina and Cuisinart pots are back in their spots and I was able to cook supper tonight, without pain! The man will have to spend a bit more time polishing them after supper, but you have to keep the cook happy...a good way is to not have me scorched or scalded every meal! However I do need to find a new "egg" pan...a nice slippery nonstick! Any suggestions?

No comments: