Sunday, December 20, 2009

Beans, beans the musical fruit...

I LOVE them! For lunch today, I opened a can of beans and added some dehydrated onion flakes and a tablespoon or two of maple syrup. MMMM good. The simplest things are usually the best, and wow, they were the best! To make it heartier for the man, I added a sprinkling of Tex Mex cheese to his portion, and a few shreds for me. Not because I was being "good" - just because I really like the taste of just the beans! They love me too, because they are still talking to me!

After eating beans for lunch I really wasn't hungry for supper, so my very nutritious evening meal consisted of four cups of Smartpop White Cheddar Popcorn. Yep. I fell off the wagon, hard. All that salt will show up on the scale tomorrow, although the calorie count for the day is still well under my alloted 1800 calories. I do feel very full though! Just have this urge to eat, because the "meals" were not very balanced today. The meals were:

Breakfast was 1 cup of oatmeal, brown sugar and milk.

Lunch; 1.5 cups of baked Beans with Ukrainian sausage slices(2" piece) and a tablespoon of shredded cheese.

Supper: confessed to the Smartpop incident earlier in this post.

Snack: hmmmm wasn't that just supper? Just may finish myself off by having a turtle or two. Back on track tomorrow.

No comments: