Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Routine


For the last couple of days, I have started my day out with a smoothie. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing for my blood sugars, but it is great for my palate, I can assure you! This morning, I used a full cup of orange juice, a cup of cherries and a strawberry Activia yogurt. Before indulging in this bit of heaven, I tended to my potted plants - thank goodness they came back from the imposed draught I subjected them to! I am happy to see them nice and perky this morning...there was a light rain falling, but I watered them anyway! From now on, I will fall out of bed and tend to them right after I make the bed, and get dressed. Well, sort of dressed, anyway!

Breakfast: Smoothie - 1 cup OJ, 1 cup cherries, 1 Activia yogurt
Lunch: 1.5 oz of Havarti cheese, two Vlasic dill pickles, 3/4 cup of beans
Supper: 1 baked yam, 1 T of butter/salt
Snack: 6 cups of air popped popcorn with 1.5 T of butter, 8 chocolate almonds

No comments: