Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A quiet day....

spent watching daytime tv. Sometimes you just have to do that! I made a roasted chicken for supper, with baked yams and green peas. I thickened the pan juices with a bit of Celamix bread mix to make a gravy, and it was GOOD! We have a luncheon to go to tomorrow at noon, and I think, to be on the safe side, that I will take a bit of food with me, just in case. It seems that the least little thing really ties me in knots these days, so it is best to just avoid any chance of contamination, by sticking to the tried and true.

Today's Menu:

Breakfast/lunch combined: two egg omlette with a bit of Havarti (2 T tops) , two slices of bacon, V8 juice and an apple
Snack: Lay's plain potato chips
Supper: 2 oz of chicken breast, 1/2 cup of peas 1 baked sweet potato and about 2 tsp of butter, 12 oz of milk
Snack: had to have another salty snack. Now the chips are all gone, and I am seriously considering not even bringing them into the house again...however, this bag was about a month old, so maybe it isn't as much of a problem as I am thinking it is today! Chips just go with TV for me,an irresistable combination. After all, you need to consume potatoes to become the couch variety, right?

No comments: