Saturday, October 10, 2009

Found some new snackage...

Old Dutch Popcorn Twists. They give you the taste of popcorn without the hulls that cause all sorts of grief to your digestive tract AND your teeth! I am definitely a salty snack person, and can take or leave the sweets...but GIVE ME MY SALTY SNACKS! One portion a day is about 120 calories, so it isn't a big deal. I can fit it in between all the good stuff quite easily, nutritionally void as it may be!

Menu for today:
Breakfast/lunch was pea soup, gluten free crackers; a glass of milk and a good munch of the veggie tray and dip. MMMM good.

Supper: Will likely be the remains of the pea soup and perhaps a cabbage roll or two...or three!

Having a cold really shuts down your appetite, which is a dangerous thing.

If I do not consume enough calories my body shuts down and refuses to budge the numbers on the scale. The full fat dip that came with the veggies is doing the trick because I woke up to a pound lost this morning. Eventually, the weight will go away and stay away, leaving me with a new benchmark number to hover around for the next few months! Up, down, up, down...I never know exactly what I will weigh and when, but I must satisfy myself that it is going down. At times it seems to have very little to do with consumption of calories, which is absolutely bizarre. The days I think I will show a gain? I don't. The days I think I should show a loss? I don't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Other than the obvious, of course. No one can have pizza for supper one night and show a loss in the morning, gluten free or not! That stuff is bloat on the hoof!

Anyway, I continue the struggle, and wish with all my heart that I could be one of the miracle people that shed 100 pounds in a year. Just isn't happening for me that quickly. It almost makes me wish that I did have serious overeating problems...it would be so much easier to just stop eating excessive amounts or binging than having a system that makes me cling to every molecule that comes my way!

No comments: