Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday

What happened to Monday and Tuesday? Gone in a blur and a haze of paint fumes. We have made a little progress, and I must say, I am fond of the colour in the living room. It really does need a lot more lighting at night. Perhaps 1000 Watt halogen lamps? LOL But, it is very soft and cozy. I have been spending hours trying to decide on window treatments - 2" Venetians? Cellular blinds? The multiple choices of each makes my head hurt!. What a pain! We should all just live by the rule of "don't look" if you pass by someone's house and they are inappropriately attired! Mind you, the prime reason for wanting blinds of some sort, is to keep the devil sun from fading the paintings and couch. Not to mention the wood furniture and carpeting. Heaven knows, I don't want to go through a carpet installation like this ever again! The hutch and buffet are scheduled to move back to the dining room this morning when sleepyhead gets up. Imagine the nerve. The man works all day, then paints and installs baseboards until the wee hours of the morning, and has the nerve to sleep in before heading out of town. He is a good man, did I mention?

Another good thing is that there has been a shift in my weight. I am crawling down, slowly but surely. I love FITDAY!! So much better than WW online! For instance, last night we had chicken and dumplings for supper. (Recycled vegetable soup, with a leftover chicken breast sliced finely and simple fluffy dumplings plopped on top. My hubby thinks I am a genius! As it turns out? Dumplings - a generous portion mind you - work out to only 220 calories. Simple "homely" food seems to satisfy better than the same amount of calories spent on bread, or some other treat from the grocery store. Makes me wonder why I denied myself things like this for so many years. This has been quite the reality check!

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: eggs, toast & butter, milk
Lunch: woops - forgot to eat
Supper; chicken and dumplings, grapes
Snack: Red Pepper Hummus 2 T and whole wheat crackers

*I discovered that my small ice cream scoop holds exactly a tablespoon. I love my scoops. I paid a fortune for them at a restaurant supply store years ago, and they have held up remarkably well. The large scoop is 1/2 a cup, and I also have a scoop that is 1/3 of a cup. So much easier than getting out a measuring cup every mealtime. I have found that I was underestimating portion sizes a lot. May as well take what you pay for, aye?

Today's menu:
Breakfast: always the same. Keeps my blood sugars regulated!
Lunch: why do I keep skipping lunch? Could be I was up to my eyeballs in shredded files in the office!
Supper: chicken breast, cooked carrots, pan gravy (1 T butter, 2 T flour, 2 cups stock - tons left over)
Snack: feeling sorry for my lonely self, so I hit the peanut butter sandwich trail. And I had a glass of milk, too! So self indulgent.



Snack: pear

No comments: