Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday - September 12

So, this morning I had my usual breakfast. Not exciting, but really starts my day off right. For lunch? I decided to treat myself to a cucumber and cream cheese sandwich. My favourite, that I often hold back on because of the devil cream cheese. Well, it turns out that when I used my handy dandy one Tablespoon scoop? It made a very nice portion that covered the bread very nicely. FOR THIRTY CALORIES!!!I bought the Philly herb & garlic light and when I bothered to check the label? Found out that I have been overcharging myself, yet again. So, I had two sandwiches for lunch.

I had popcorn for supper last night (the man is away, what can I say?)so I expected the scale to zoom up this morning, due to the salt. But guess what? another pound down. Could it be that my body is finally content and willing to let go of some body clutter? I have made small changes. MUFAs at every meal, for one. And it doesn't have to be a big amount, a few almonds here, a couple olives there, a bit of oil.... I now cook my eggs in half a teaspoon of grapeseed oil. Just a smidge, to make the non stick really non stick! I try to get some dairy with every meal, and I am still not getting enough potassium. So, I will have to go the "meat & potatoes" for supper route, and see if that works. I don't mind bananas but they are not my favourite. Maybe in a drink? Hmmmm...banana, frozen berries and a bit of skim milk? Must dig out the Cuisinart and try it!

Yesterday, I actually added up my activity calories, and used them. I had to! I had popcorn for supper, remember? As it turned out? All is well.So, there is my life in the fast lane as of noon. Who knows what the rest of the day will bring?

No comments: