Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday

Why do I wake up in the middle of the night? To eat, of course. The wonderful world of blood sugar management! I ignored the signs the other day, and had a horrible time of it for the rest of the day, so now, when I wake up with that "feeling" I ignore my desire to just "sleep through it". Now, filled with bran flakes and milk, I am rarin' to go! Only question is, at this hour? Where?

We have an early start home tomorrow morning. It is a long drive, so I will have time to plan the dinner for Friday night's company. If we get into the city by two, I will have time to run to Costco, then time to come home and clean the house and prepare the meal before five. Might have to stash the suitcases in the bedroom till bedtime though, as I doubt if I will have time to unpack. Hubby and I work as a team, so I know I can count on him for the basics, like vacuuming and general "honey do" tasks that come up! We always leave the house tidy, so it is just a question of changing the tablecloth, and then doing a bit of dusting and vacuuming, setting the table and preparing the food. I am looking forward to being home again. Although I like being with hubby every day, I do wish it could be in the comfort of our own home. But, it is part of his job to be away a lot, and at this stage of our lives, we are able to pick up and go together...there will come a time when we will sit by the fire and smile, but for now, we pack our cases and go!

No comments: