Monday, September 3, 2007

It Is My Two Month Anniversary

And all is well! I started Weight Watchers on July 3 of this year, so today marks the end of my second month on the program. As of this morning, I have lost a total of 12.4 pounds! Now the trick will be to continue the rate until I reach my goal. I am sure there will be plateaus, but that is what the "lifestyle" catch phrase is all about - I will complain about that bridge when I come to it. If push comes to shove, I may have to start exercising, although you know that is as appealing to me as shoving a sharp stick into my eye repeatedly....

Today I am making meatloaf. A family favourite that I rarely make because it has been branded an "evil" food in my mind. My poor little meatloaf didn't deserve the label as it turns out! For 1/8 of this entire loaf, it is only 5 points. 5 points! That includes the supremely evil saucy topping, too!

So, here is my recipe for evil meatloaf ;)

800 gms extra lean ground beef

1 slice Dempster's Prebiotic bread, made into fine crumbs in food processor

1 cup of finely chopped onion, add to crumbs and *veggies if you have them, and process

2 TBSP egg white, or white of one egg

salt, pepper
*I like to throw in a few chopped veggies, like carrots and peppers to give little coloured flecks in the loaf, but today the cupboard was bare!

Top with 1/4 cup of ketchup mixed with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 Tbsp mustard when meatloaf is half through baking time.

This is best served with Green Giant cream style corn spooned over a serving of potatoes mashed with skim milk, salt and pepper. To make the perfect fifties comfort meal, serve cherry Jello or instant pudding for for dessert!

Such good comfort food for this Manitoba rainy day!

No comments: