Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall

Last night we had a lovely dinner outside...I will miss being out on the deck so much. Who would have thought! I have never, ever been an outdoorsy type, but since we built the deck, it has been my greatest joy. The weather has turned lovely and warm, and the leaves here are still very green....who knows how long the warm spell will last? Fall is my favourite season. When we first moved here, I noticed the leaves turning, but within a few days, it seems, the wind came up and blew them all away! Pouf. Over. Dealt with in one gusty prairie day. So much for fall that year! I came to realize, it is like that pretty much every year. You have to get out for a good long walk when you see the leaves turning, because you may not have another chance. But isn't that the case with the events of every day?

Supper tonight will be an easy pot roast, so you can't get much easier than that! It is good to be back to a relatively normal routine, if only for a little while. Gradually I am going to sort through my closet once again. I need to pack away my summer things according to size, so when the spring comes, I won't have to waste time going through obviously too large items. Thank goodness my winter clothing includes a fair number of knits...they seem to be like the tide, capable of moving in and out daily! Bless you Nina Leonard wherever you are!

It is hard to tell what my weight has done over the last couple of weeks. I tried my best to stay on program while away, but I still haven't recovered from the nine hour car trip on Friday to feel confident enough to step on the scale! Sitting down is the worst possible thing for me. Don't get me wrong, I can sit with the best of 'em, but I do need frequent fifteen minute spurts of activity! Reading just doesn't seem to burn any calories, no matter how heavy the book!

No comments: