Monday, November 2, 2009

Pork tenderloin and brown basmati rice

will be our supper tonight. This morning, since we were out of eggs, I warmed up some cabbage rolls for breakfast. Of course, breakfast was at ten in the morning, but it seems to me that cabbage rolls must be as good as eggs in the morning! For "dessert" I had a small bowl of gluten free corn flakes with a glass of milk. It is almost four now, and I am still full. The thing about eating a good breakfast, is that it not only gets your motor started, it keeps it going throughout the day. So far, I have had one drop in guest and talked on the phone for over an hour with my dear, dear daughter-in-law, well, really it is more like two, but I don't want to admit that we can waste that much time! It is fun to hear about all the goings on with the little one - she will be a year old on November 8. The time is going by far too fast.

So, my plan for the day consists of getting to the grocery store for eggs and milk, and little else. I have to start making a packing list for our vacation. With one thing and another, it will be no time at all until we are slogging our way to the airport at five in the morning! We have been looking forward to a week away, to spend in the sun doing nothing ...with the weather being what it was here? There were not too many sunny days at all, and if there were? We were out of town, someplace where it was foul weather! I am definitely not a sun bunny at all, but there is something to be said for sitting on a beach by the ocean with a good man, a good book, a bottomless beverage, a big shade umbrella and a slathering of SPF30 - not necessarily listed in order of preference!

Breakfast: Two bison cabbage rolls, a glass of skim milk, 1 cup of corn flakes
Lunch: 1/4 cup of orange juice mixed with tonic water
Supper: 3 oz pork tenderloin, 1/2 cup of basmati rice, stir fried red peppers, onions and mushrooms

Snack: Mandarin oranges

No comments: