Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Out of the blue...

these little individual packages of cheese just peeled themselves, and jumped into my mouth...all four of them. Sigh. Breakfast at hotel buffets will do that to me. Along with the whopping texas toast, scrambled eggs, and ham? I think I will have to drink water for the rest of the day! It was very good, and I was very hungry. A lethal combination, especially after indulging at Ankor last night...mmmmmm good! Blew the FLEX there, and the rest went this morning.

Regina is growing so fast. If someone would have told me that I would end up sleeping in a Hotel on South Railway years ago, I would have been mortified. But as it happens, it is now called Saskatchewan Drive, and the hotel we are in is quite nice. Very spacious with the all important king bed! It is interesting to see how the city has changed. Still familiar, as I think it always will be...I don't think you ever forget the streets of your childhood. The streets that took me to my first school outing to Palm Dairies, the streets that I learned to drive on.... Even though there are grander buildings standing now, in my minds eye, I still see the greengrocers where we are now parking our car. How quickly time flies when you are living your life - funny, but I never seem to notice it as much anyplace but here. There is a thread that will always draw me back, and good friends that make me sad to leave.

~August 16~I found out tonight that the little packets of cheese weighs 21 gms and has 80 calories. So, two pieces equal 3 points. Not as bad as I thought, but still not something I will repeat anytime soon! After a year of not indulging in a little cheddar? It was soooooooo worth it!

No comments: