Thursday, August 21, 2008

Now this is exciting!

I woke up this morning, and guess what? ANOTHER pound is gone. That has to be a record! I have been keeping a sharp eye on the ratio of fats/carbs/fats, and rather than not eat butter on my toast, I added a Cheerios snack at night! Not only am I losing the pounds all of a sudden, my sugar levels are better. Ah ha. That could be it. My sugars are happier, so they let the fat cells go? I am like a dog with a bone on this one...I have to figure out what the heck is going on and why I have had a plateau that has lasted just about a year! So far, this seems to be the theory du jour.

The problem with Weight Watchers, as I see it, is that it isn't specific enough. For the money that you spend, it wouldn't kill them to have a site as good as Fitday to track your calories, etc. I guess for most, it works, but FD seems to be the answer for me. After the first few days of entries, you are set up to keep track of every morsel that goes into your mouth. There is a "custom" feature that lets you enter the exact nutrients for each food you eat, so there are no "guesstimates" necessary. I have already entered my breakfast. Everything including my multivitamin pill! I have noticed that magnesium and potassium are lacking so I am going to try to remedy that - the strawberries in the frig will be a tasty lunch and source of the missing nutrients! How easy it is to choose what to eat, if you have a bit of knowledge.

You know, I thought I was eating well before...now? I am eating even even more, and more often. If only I could keep up the pace of these past few days! These pounds would vanish pretty quickly! But, I do expect ups and downs to come my way again. My one wish for the fall is to fit into my Cotton Ginny jean outfit, no matter what my weight! So far, my goal of losing eleven pounds by September 30 is looking very possible!

There is a feature in the program, that lets you set your weight goal, adjust the date and it gives you a calorie amount to aim for in order to reach that goal. Even if you are a couch potato you burn enough calories to "buy" luxuries in your diet, like butter on your toast or a scoop of ice cream. You know, I really don't need a lot, but boy, do I need quality! Knowing exactly what I have to spend makes life so much easier!

No comments: