Friday, August 15, 2008

Home

I am sooooo glad to be home! It took forever to get here, it seemed...we were late leaving Regina. I was held captive by the JYSK store there. Found a few neat accents for the house, and a couple of practical things, too. I found a brown basket with leather handles to house hair stuff in my bathroom. When I had a cupboard to hide it in, a power tool caddy made the perfect container for all the junk, but it didn't look very nice sitting out under my new piano leg sink! I have no idea why the shopping is so good in Regina, but I was able to find things I have been searching for in Winnipeg for ages. A Peugot pepper grinder and a Rubbermaid closet organizer in the right size are the first things that come to mind, but there were more, trust me! I have turned into a shopper this year - it must be that the styles available tickle my fancy, because for the longest time, I couldn't find a thing I wanted to buy! Now? Everything appeals to me! LOL

The carpet installers are chomping at the bit to get in and do their thing ...and of course, Rick is going out of town this week. We have to lift the carpeting and underlay, clean the floors thoroughly, add a few screws here and there, remove the baseboards, and paint the house before the carpet goes in. Hmmmmmm what are the chances it will be done at the very last minute before the installers arrive? No wonder I have a sensitive digestive system! There is a knot the size of a football behind my belly button when I think of all the work to be done! I like to get things done ahead of time, and although Rick always gets things done, it is always at the last minute. Oh the stress. But I have decided on the colours for the house. It is just a matter of where to put them!

Now, about the food plan. I was way off track this week, partly because I over estimated the amount of points in foods, that I have later found out weren't as bad as I thought. Who knows what the counts were, really? I guess the tale will be told in a couple of days when I hit the scale for my weekly weigh in, but with the amount of salt in restaurant food, I am not holding out any hope whatsoever. One tasty item we indulged in was called War Wonton Soup. Good? You betcha! It had the usual wonton dumplings, plus shrimp, pork and shrimp. The broth was not oversalted, but sooooo tasty. Not overspiced at all. So, there is something reasonable to have in a Chinese restaurant that won't kill ya!

Onward and upward. I haven't unpacked yet, and my tub is calling me for a good long soak. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - if you aren't busy, wanna come help pull up broadloom?

No comments: