Sunday, August 24, 2008

Good Friends and French Chocolate

What a perfectly lovely day we have had today! We put off doing the work we have to do, and had friends join us for supper. It was a 'make do' kind of meal, so it was easy to relax and enjoy our visit. It was a real treat, because although we live in the same city, we rarely have an opportunity to get together. We had raw veggies and a meat platter to tide us over until our supper was cooked - each meat bite was 30 calories or under. Of course, I indulged and enjoyed a little beer, and yep! A little Bailey's in my coffee. My dear, sweet friend brought some wonderful dark chocolate that I have never,ever bought in my life. This was chocolate at its finest. Dark. Rich. Sooooo good - almost as good as the people who brought it!

Breakfast: eggs, toast, skim milk

Lunch: woops - for the first time in absolutely ages, I baked lemon cupcakes. SO, of course, lunch was half a lemon cupcake!

Supper: nibbles first ~ raw veggies & a tsp of dip, one slice of roast beef with horseradish sauce - very pleased with the way that worked out. One slice is only about 30 calories, including a smudge of sauce...mmmmm good! Tossed salad with *oil and vinegar dressing, 1/2 of a ciabatta bun, 1/2 bottle of beer, a chicken breast, half a cup of curried rice salad - for the first time, I replaced the sugar with Splenda, and it was still very, very good. For dessert? 1/2 cup of mixed berries, with a generous teaspoonful of coolwhip, and a lemon cupcake. And then? Oh my. Be still my heart. French dark chocolate. Creamy. Rich. Dark. And OOOOOOOO so good. With a good cup of coffee and 3/4 oz of Baileys Irish Cream? Could there be a better party for your palate?

Doesn't this sound like I bit the dust today? But no. Drum roll please.
Calories: 2011 calories, or 41 WW points. The fat grams were high, but for a walk on the wild side? It was well worth it! There go the Flex points!

For a great oil and vinegar salad dressing, try this one - I added tiny diced onions.

Mix all ingredients in a bottle and shake to combine:
• 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 Cup rice vinegar
• 3 Finely minced garlic cloves (I use the stuff in a jar)
• 1 Tablespoon honey
• 1 Tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper to taste





Then?

No comments: