Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grocery Day

Lots of goodies from Costco are now waiting for me in the frig. Strawberries with cottage cheese? What a meal that makes! And the Pink Lady apples that were so tasty last year are back. With Rick out of town, the average time it takes me to prepare a meal is about two minutes. Basically, I clean the fruit and cut it up! That will even be quicker with my new Nicer Dicer, and Nicer Slicer! Yes, I am hopeless. I order things from TV infomercials. But I do wait till they come on the shopping channel so I can return them if need be! I will bake a chicken breast or two, so I will have some protein ready to gnaw on. I really don't like fussing when I am on my own, but nature's fast foods never let me down.

Fitday is quite informative. All of the calculations for the amount of fat, carbohydrate, fibre and protein that you consume through the day are done in the program. To my surprise, my fat intake is about 5% over what it should be, my protein is less than ideal. And here I thought I was doing so well. Nope. More tweaking to be done. I sat down and had a ciabatta bun with butter (fresh from Costco) for my before bedtime snack, just to up the calories a bit. It is so bizarre that you should go on a diet, and up your calorie intake. I ate 1337 calories and wasn't a bit hungry today...well below my daily minimum. I just wasn't hungry.

While Rick is away, I will keep myself busy sorting through all sorts of things that I pulled out of his office closet. Old towels, pillows,quilts. That sort of thing. They were all
too good
to throw out, so yep. Keep them in the closet for three years in a space bag. That really makes them useful, doesn't it?

The new shelf system is installed, but there is one bracket needed before I can load up the top shelf. The others are open for business though, so I won't have any trouble filling them with winter boots, and Rubbermaid totes full of out of season goodies. Every bit of clothing that is not the present season is going to live in that closet, and if it doesn't get used this winter? Out it goes. I don't think I will have a problem creating a capsule wardrobe out of what I have for the winter. I just have to put my mind to it, and get rid of all the clothing that is too big, or no longer my style. Funny how getting a couple inches smaller changes the shape of the clothing you wear. Some things just don't work anymore, although at one time they were my go to outfits. There are also things that I have never worn, and likely never will. I usually find a favourite outfit and wear it to death, so, I think that if I can put together a few complete outfits, with various accessories? I will be modestly covered for the coming season.. as for this year's "clown pants", I think it is time to say goodbye, with nary a backward glance....

Here is a picture of the hooks my cleaver husband put up for me last night. Each little gizmo has six hooks, and a bar to hang a scarf (or tie, if you are a fella!) Since I only have one scarf that I wear all of the time, it will be easy to fold it up and hang it in such an easily accessible place. There are three of these racks, hung right behind the dresses that I will use them with. See?

No comments: