Monday, August 30, 2010

The Aftermath

of a damp garage sale is waiting, no, make that lurking in the garage! As it is another rainy day today, I don't believe there is much chance of the soggy things drying out today! So, best get on with things indoors.

My aim is to simplify all areas of my life. As my hubby so aptly remarked the other day, I am never as happy as I am in a nice hotel room. I do not like clutter. I can live without nick knacks and assorted paraphernalia that others seem to think makes a home cozy. For me? They get in the way of living and actually using my home. After fourteen years of living in one place - a record for both of us, by the way- there was far too much stuff sitting around to suit me. We have had major clear outs before, but never were able to bring the house to a bare bones state. I will be working on this for awhile!

In the meantime? This is my goal.

"To live content with small means,
to seek elegance rather than luxury
and refinement rather than fashion:
to be worthy, not respectable
and wealthy not rich,
to study hard, to think quietly,
talk gently, act frankly,
to listen to stars and buds,
to babes and sages, with an open heart,
await occasions, hurry never,
this is my symphony."
~William Henry Channing


Food for today:

Breakfast: GF English muffin with Cheez Whiz, two poached eggs, skim milk
Lunch: soup - lazy me will crack a can, and have it with some GF crackers and of course, a bit of butter!

Supper: To be Determined - I have failed miserably in my menu planning, so right after I hit "publish post" I am going to drag out my calendar and plan the week! Hubby is home all week, so meals will actually be served at five, at the table, maybe even with a bit of company!

*supper was a chicken breast, 2/3 cup of mashed potatoes and 1/2 cup of creamed corn. NUMMMY! But oh boy! Am I full!

Snack: Tw gluten free cookies. Cinnamon-O's. They are absolutely wonderful. Jo-sef Simply Delicious Cinnamon sandwich cookies. OOOOOOO SOOOOOO good and 150 calories for two. Sure not sorry I bought them at Meyer's today!

Snack #2: since I am going to a make-up party, where I will have to use all sorts of restraint, I allowed myself to have some of that peanut butter marshmallow goop cake. 200 calories for a piece of heaven!

No comments: