Thursday, August 12, 2010

SOOOO excited!

I just printed out the documents for our trip to Mexico! (That is what you do when you wake up at three in the morning after snoozing in front of the TV!) I like to bind all the information we need for each trip into a convenient to carry booklet. It also makes a good souvenir after the trip, as I add little notes and reminders for the "next time"! Why I find the heat unbearable here, but pleasurable there, is a mystery. I think it has a lot to do with the ocean breezes. This week, I am 'test driving' outfits for comfort in the heat, so out of all this oppressive weather, good will come! A major change in my thinking has resulted in a lot more comfort. I now wear sleeveless garments. I do not care about my flabby arms. I feel wonderful with more air circulation! We get these ideas in our heads, such as "say no to sleeveless" that are really irrational. Who cares? No one but you. I would much rather have a smile on my face and flabby arms, than a hot miserable face, and covered flabby arms! Let the breezes blow and enjoy life. How late we learn the really important, life altering things!

ANYWAY once again, I am in the throes of packing decisions. I don't want to take a lot of stuff, but what if? ALWAYS the whatifs! I do not like carrying every garment I own with me, even on car trips, and find that even when I pack "bare bones" I end up not some things. So, with that in mind, I think the best plan of attack is to limit my wardrobe to a very few but very wearable things. After all, if you can build a wardrobe on ten pieces, shouldn't you be able to survive for two weeks on ten pieces?(with the addition of a swimsuit and cover up, of course!) I have been thinking of ways to jazz things up with accessories, as it would be a lot easier to carry a few bits and bobs, rather than entire outfits. Time to get creative, so any suggestions to tart up a simple black dress for dinners out would be appreciated. I am quite handy with a needle and thread, so I was thinking that adding a bow or bauble to a plain black dress might do the trick, as well as the usual jewellery changes and scarves, and shawls. The theory is, that what is visible over the table is what is remembere, I have no qualms about wearing the same thing repeatedly, as long as it is comfy, I will be happy!

No comments: