Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thirty five years ago today...

We met. Where has the time gone? And wherever it went,why did it take our figures with it? I have been having a hard time lately - I am 18 points over "budget" for the week. That is roughly 900 calories. Not earth shaking, but I am sure it will keep me from losing again this week. Sigh. At this point, I am trying to "maintain" and will be content with that. The weather is so cold that all we want to do is hibernate!

We are in for a flurry of activity during the next couple of weeks. The new furniture is coming on Saturday, and hopefully all will be well. We were very disappointed in the green plushy set, as the colours on each piece were very different, and drove me crazy. The new outfit is leather, so the variations in colour are expected. In the store, I assumed the nap position on the couch and it was heavenly! It will be delivered on Saturday, and we will be able to use our living room once again. It is hard not having our own furniture in the living room, and not being able to sit down after dinner to enjoy our tea! I don't want to damage it in any way until it is returned to the store, so that means just walking by it, until Saturday.

We have a few little renovations to do in the house this year, that I have been putting off. It is time to bite the bullet and make the mess. I am not looking forward to it at all..... but hopefully, the end results will justify the mess. We have some drywalling in the living room to do, and both bathrooms need new fixtures. First, paint from top to bottom, and then new flooring and appliances. Oh joy. But it will never get done if we don't get started. I like to pay as we go, so obviously progress will be slow! On the other hand, the way to eat an elephant, is one bite at a time, and a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.... remind me of that, will you? I can see being certifiably insane in the midst of all the coming commotion!

Oh, whatever. I need a nap.

No comments: