Friday, December 21, 2007

Busy Day

Doing nothing in particular, and everything in general. We even had time for a nap this afternoon!

Our big outing was to Staples. I love stationery stores. Could spend hours in there ! But, this afternoon, for some reason, my sugars dropped like a stone while I was shopping. I grabbed a can of cookies, so I could have a quick snack in the car, but wouldn't you know it? They were sugar free! Now, those were no use at all considering the circumstances. It took me awhile to figure out why I wasn't feeling any better, but by that time I had eaten four of the useless things. A bit of gleaning in the car turned up a chocolate in the glove box, and that was enough to see me home, where I snacked on some nuts in the shell and a banana. Have no idea how many points the nuts had, as I have no idea what the nuts were called! Just regular mixed ones that come out this time of year. I really have to learn to carry something with me for emergencies that won't kill the points for the day. Any ideas about portable sugar boosters that won't throw me off the rails for the week? Ah well. It is a great life if you don't weaken! I will live to fight another day.

No comments: