Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oh oh...

Well, I found out first hand that a crumb can do as much damage as a loaf. Yesterday, I made sandwiches for lunch...I used regular bread for Rick, and GF bread for me. Well. I forgot, and not only did I place the breads side by side on the cutting board, I also used the same knife to spread the butter. And then another knife to spread the mayo. THEN I used one knife to cut the sandwiches in half - just to add insult to injury. A half hour later, I was in bed, reading a book instead of enjoying a lovely summer day. Of course, it was moments till I nodded off, and napped the afternoon away. At six o'clock, I woke up with a belly ache and no desire for supper. Bad got worse when Rick made his own supper, and I smelled chicken strips and sweet potatoe oven fries. ICK. I stumbled to the kitchen and had some leftover mashed potatoes with cottage cheese...my 'go to' soothing food. Then, more snoozing until bed time.

Anyway, this morning, I still had the belly ache, so decided to skip breakfast. While I watched my sugars escalate due to not eating, I figured out what caused this episode. Now that I know I don't have to live with the symptoms? I never want this to happen again. I have decided to just buy GF products, so at least I have one safe place in this world! It remains to be seen what this will do for my weight issues but the numbers are going down from the initial gain. Karen assures me that my body will even out, so since she was right about a lot of other stuff, I just may take her word for it!

Other than that? Life is good.

Breakfast: Skipped
Lunch: We had company so: Freybe Farmer sausage, baked beans, tomatoes with Feta, basil and EVOO with a drizzle of balsamic. I bought some new PC balsamic in a small pricier bottle...welll worth the cost!

Supper: I am in the mood for more potatoes and cottage cheese...but wonder how the man will take to the idea....

No comments: