Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bison, buy some!

Roughly, a bison steak has 50 calories and 1.6 gms of fat per cooked ounce. And tasty? Wow. Tonight's supper was a 3 ounce portion of lean bison steak and a 5 ounce baked potato with sour cream and butter. I had points to burn, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and just indulge. For dessert, I had two pieces of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Now that, ladies and gents, was a walk on the wild side if I have ever seen one!

This was the highlight of my day. I was able to peak at 'Reuben Sandwich' girl's groceries today. How in the world I can walk the same aisles of the same grocery store and not see all of this good stuff is beyond me. There are a couple of things that I went out and purchased right away before I forgot, so I will have some product reviews for you soon. My big splurge today was Skinny Cow ice cream bars....mmmm good. I have 1.5 points left to munch through, so I think I will go get one now.... well worth using .5 Flex points to round out the day!

No comments: