Tuesday, October 30, 2012

As usual....

My menu plan has been corrupted!  I made soup for lunch on Monday, and stir fry veggies and shrimp for supper.  Tonight? I am dealing with a couple of pretty plump chicken breasts. One will do for our supper with a spinach, raspberry, apple pecan tossed salad and one will languish in the refrigerator to be used later on for lunch meat.  

It is quite obvious that I think the whole point of a menu plan is to know generally what you want to eat for the week, then deal with each day as the mood or degrading produce dictates.  I try to follow the plan, but often, the will just isn't there when hunger strikes!  For instance?  We are having a run on raspberries here, and it definitely is not a hardship to shift things around a bit to use them up! I am fond of sweet salads with chicken, and already I am drooling!  

I bought some Almond Breeze to try, and for drinking? Do not care for it. But, since it was in the refrigerator, I made the muffins yesterday, rather than Wednesday.  I even went to the bother of topping them with a little glaze, to make them just a little special. I ended up adding coconut to the basic mix, and  a vanilla icing drizzle seemed to round them out nicely.   Yesterday, I made a small bowl of orange gelatin for supper tonight, so we are living pretty high on the hog indeed!

One by one, the freezer Tupperware containers are being emptied. I am not refilling them, as that will be a task best handled when we return from vacation. Right now, I am thinking of Tequila, copious amounts of guacamole and nice hot beach!

Tomorrow will be busy. The housekeepers arrive at eight thirty, and the roofers will begin work as well. I picked a colour called driftwood, but now, I am a bit aprehensive. Will it be brown? Grey? Whatever. We need to change the lighting fixtures anyway, so it will all work out in the end. It should be done by the end of the week, which will be good for the house but really bad for my checking account!  By the way. Did anyone else notice that cheques are now checks? What a shame. Anyway, we will have to write a doozy when they are done!

Life. 


No comments: