Monday, May 24, 2010

Lazy Daisy

Again today! With the rain drizzling away, and time on our hands? Could you ask for anything more? We did the weekly housecleaning, and then took a waddle through SuperStore. It was so nice to take my time, read the labels, and not have to worry about time. All in all? We had a wonderful restful weekend. No pressure, no deadlines. Sigh. Back to the real world tomorrow, though! It boggles my mind to think that people do this all the time. This is the first time we have done this in absolutely years. Home but hiding, that is!

Today we had a leisurely breakfast of poached eggs, and a GF muffin. Since it was close to noon, and I was still a bit hungry, I had a GF banana muffin with my coffee. MMMMM good. On the list of things to do tomorrow, is baking. Banana pecan muffins are at the top of the list! I am also going to try some GF carrot muffins.

Lunch was simply skipped. My bad.

Supper was a cod fillet, with curried cream sauce, served with boiled potatoes, peas and carrots. I infused the cream with bay leaves, onion and garlic before adding what turned out to be, far too much curry. It was supposed to be subtle, but instead? It was currylishous! I do like the infused milk trick though...it will be good on creamed peas, for sure.

Snackage tonight, is popcorn. Hubby was unable to repair my fancy Cuisinart popper, so we are back to the cheapo air popper. Sigh. Luxury was mine for a total of four poppings. That worked out to 20 bucks a bowl, so a bargain it wasn't! Ah well. I did discover Jiffy Pop popcorn makes the fluffiest popcorn that I have seen, so all was not lost. Experience and knowledge gained. Popper, lost.

No comments: