Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday again?

Breakfast: oatmeal, brown sugar, glass of skim milk
Snack: banana
Lunch: toasted English muffin, plastic cheese slices, glass of skim milk (only because hubby brought it to my desk. What a guy. Or maybe it was the guilt he had from eating two slices of leftover pizza he had last night!)
Supper: beef stew .
Love this recipe. No fail. You take a big casserole ( I use my Le Cruset oval roaster) and plop in:
a pound or more of stewing beef
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of flour (GF trial was today!)
top with a little can of pizza sauce.

I know, but stay with me!Add layers of veggies that you like cut into uniform pieces, to make cooking even.
I used
carrots
parsnips
rutabaga
celery
onions
potatoes

Pour over all:
1 1/2 cups of beef broth.

Place in a 350 - 375 oven and cook until meat is tender. Funny thing is, that you can cook it a long time or a short time! One of those never fail, doesn't matter recipes that are so simple and sooooo good! If you have it? You throw it in. If you don't? It will still turn out!

That is it. And it really is delish. I couldn't get over the lack of spices, herbs, etc, yet the flavour is really, really good. One of our family favourites, that is even better with light fluffy dumplings, but that is a thing of the past for me. Tried making gluten free ones once, and it was disgusting! LOL

Snack:

No comments: