Saturday, November 1, 2008

Its a new month....

Full of promise. We are up in Thompson, safe and sound to await the new arrival. In the meantime, I will try my best to stick to the program. My daughter-in-law is absolutely radiant. You can see the shine at twenty paces! It is good to be up here, and see good friends, too, even if they do buy the only pair of 11W boots in town! That, I can easily forgive in exchange for the warmest greetings ever!

So, today the big plan is to pick up a few things from Shoppers - of course, I never remember to bring everything! The trip down was uneventful. We packed plain old turkey sandwiches and bought a chocolate bar and a bag of Doritos. Hey, did I ever claim to be a saint? Supper was a sub and soup...I am not in the mood for subs these days, and only managed to eat about 3" of it. And the broth from the soup. We are funny that way, hubby and I. We share things, and it just turns out. He likes dark meat, I like white. He likes the chunks in soup, and I like the broth. Life works out well sometimes.

Since I am at the mercy of others for my food I will write what I ate yesterday for the next couple of weeks.

Breakfast: eggs, toast, butter, milk
Lunch: 1 turkey sandwich, 2 servings of Doritos and a Dairymilk bar
Supper: three bite sized chocolate bars (darn the hospitality at the hotel desk) half a bowl of soup, quarter of a sub
Snack: 2 oranges, 17 bite sized taco chips (plain)Tim's biscuit with raisins, 1 tsp of butter, 1/4 of a hot chocolate

Considering what I wanted to pack away while in the car, I thought I didn't do too bad. I am aiming not to gain over the next little while, but I am not foolish enough to think that I could actually lose! But hope springs eternal, and maybe with all this thick clean air up here, the extra oxygen will just perk up the old metabolism and I will shed a quick ten pounds? Nah. Didn't think so either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i saw ANOTHER pair of 11W boots ... thought maybe you had changed your mind (or maybe the baby had arrived!) ... so good to see ya!