Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Murderer

Today I turned my back on my son's friends. I let hubby stuff them into garbage bags and take them away. Never to be seen or heard of again. Time and time again we have tried to separate from them, but to no avail. They were tenacious reminders of days past, but  today was the day it all ended.  We had to physically drag them out of the house, their bodies a dead weight - almost as heavy as our hearts.   Who, you may ask, were the victims that filled out these four huge sacks? Every single one of his stuffed animals.  From Aretha Orangutan to Victoria Albina the Cabbage Patch Doll!   Each one of them gone by my command.  Who knew it could be so hard to separate from bits of faux fur, fabric and stuffing? 

Now, there remains that  trunk full of Lego and Matchbox cars....be afraid little wheeled ones, be very afraid....

No comments: