Breakfast: two poached eggs, half of a GF tea cake, glass of skim milk
Lunch: Chicken broth with a toasted tea cake
Supper: Chicken breast, with roasted potatoes and spinach with cream
· 2-3 pounds chicken pieces
· 3-4 pounds potatoes
· ¼ cup olive oil
· 5 garlic cloves, crushed
· Juice of 3-4 lemons
· 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
· 3 tablespoons oregano
· Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
· Mix the marinade ingredients*, and toss the chicken with it to coat all the pieces.
· Chill, covered in the refrigerator 2 hours, even over night.
· Turn chicken pieces at least once during marinating time.
· Peel and slice the potatoes into chunks or wedges.**
· Put potatoes into a large, greased casserole pan.
· Add the marinade and toss potatoes to completely coat.
· Arrange the chicken over the potatoes.
· For more tender chicken and potatoes, cover pan for first 45 minutes of baking.
· Bake at 350 degrees for about 60-90 minutes until both chicken and potatoes are completely cooked and tender.
· Baste 2-3 times while baking.
· If needed, add water to the pan until the potatoes are tender.
* May combine all ingredients in a blender.