Saturday, April 24, 2010

Closet accomplished, and hangers reclaimed....

This time, I actually got rid of things! I arranged tops by colour, then by sleeve length. I didn't realize that I had so many black shirt's, yet I am constantly seeking to buy more! I think I get it into my head that I need something, and then proceed to buy a dozen of them on a dozen occasions! I surely have enough now. But it was good to try absolutely everything on, and get hubby's opinion of it - a lot of things just hit the bin! I wish he would express himself more clearly when I am in the store, rather than letting me spend good money on something and THEN tell me what he thinks!

I have so many pairs of jeans that actually fit now! I wore my "skinny" dark blue jeans with a tunic top that matched the stone stitching on the jeans to a family supper tonight. Which reminds me, the hostess (my "bonus" girl - sister to my dear d-i-l) made the most delish taco salad I have ever had....all gluten free!

Melissa's Taco Salad

brown meat with 1 1/2 tsp chili powder - make it spicy
layer in a large glass cake pan:
1/2 head of iceberg lettuce
ground meat
sliced black olives or kidney beans
1 cup of grated cheese
Serve with taco chips, sour cream, guacamole and salsa. MMM good!
The dear girl even bought me some gluten free chocolate cookies to have while the others were enjoying cake, that were soooooo good I didn't miss a thing. In fact, I think my dessert was better! Very chocolaty and not a speck of flour in them. And she even sent some home with me!

Now, I am cleaning my bathroom, but am losing interest at this late hour! My hairbrushes are soaking while I have a tea break, so I am multi-tasking! I had a banana muffin for a snack today..mmmmmm good. Even better than they look, warmed up with a bit of butter? Who could wish for anything better!

What I ate today:
Breakfast: two poached eggs, banana muffin & butter,milk, coffee
Snack/lunch: banana muffin & butter, half an orange, glass of milk
Supper: taco salad, Choriatiki salad, taco chips, guacamole and 3/4 of a chocolate cookie

No comments: