Monday, April 26, 2010

Another day...

spent busily doing what? LOL I do know I have been up and running all day. It started off quietly enough, with preparing breakfast for dear hubby before he left for Vancouver. I made us each and egg, and two pieces of bacon, with a bowl of oatmeal for "dessert". I put maple syrup and raisins into the porridge for hubby, and it did make those baby blues brighter! It was enough to keep me going until five, when the urge for a taco salad overcame me. Unfortunately the avocados were not ripe, so that little garnish was sorely missed. Otherwise, it was a success!

My online shopping is starting to arrive,




so I have three more t-shirts, a pair of yoga pants and a new hoody to sport around town. I really do have to stop buying clothes, but the Internet just makes it too easy! A person could forgo laundry completely, armed with a computer and a credit card .... who knew that buying casual clothes could be so much fun, or that it would make so much of a difference in my outlook on life? I made sure that these things were "just right tight" so I won't have to replace them so soon. My weight loss has been slow, but it is finally making a difference in the sizes I buy. (There must be a huge inch difference in the plus sizes, because it sure took me a long time and a lot of pounds to drop two sizes!) I am starting to really like my clothes being more fitted. Part of that has been belly acceptance'. It is there. I am working at getting rid of it, but oh my, you can not hide it, so you may as well make the rest of you look neat! I will never be a fan of tight clothing, but there is something to be said for shoulder seams that rest on your shoulder point and not on your bicep! It really is a thrill to go to the closet every day, and choose something to wear, that I can feel good in, and that is suitable for the day's activities.

Grocery shopping was also on the agenda, although I just needed very few things. If only every grocery day were as simple! A jar of marmalade, a jar of raspberry jam and a bag of taco chips. Can't beat that for simple, can you?

Breakfast was: one egg, two strips of bacon, one glass of skim milk, 1 cup of oatmeal with maple syrup and raisins

Lunch: who had room after all that breakfast?

Supper: 1/2 cup of taco meat mix over romaine lettuce, garnished with salsa, sour cream and cheddar cheese, washed down with a Fresca, followed by a nice cuppa tea!

No comments: