Monday, July 30, 2012

Menu Plan for August 1 to August 7

I leave the choice of sides until the day of the meal, because you  just never know what needs to be eaten up in the refrigerator. I prefer to have something 'light on the side' with the 'heavy on the meat', meals and rely on cooked vegetables to give weight to the poultry and fish mains. Lately, I have been enjoying the simplicity of no more than two or three things on my plate, rather than complicating my meals with too many flavours.  Simple suits me best! 

In the summer, I like to keep a marinated salad or two in the refrigerator for quick meal prep. Nothing beats a good coleslaw, bean salad or refrigerator cucumber pickle!  When I am inspired to spend time in the kitchen, I like to pre-wash the lettuce I will need for the next couple of meals, especially if I have another pair of hands to help!  I tried to buy pre-made salads, but they just didn't cut it! What is that odd taste they have? And don't get me started on that stuff they pass off as coleslaw!

Wednesday August 1

Ribs

(Freeze portions for two for future use)

Salad
(with fruit accents)

 

Thursday August 2

Shrimp

& Rice

(Stir Fry with Mushrooms, Peppers, Carrots & Onions)

Friday August 3

Barbecued Burgers

(bunless)

 Tomato Salad


Jell-O

Saturday August 4

Chicken Breasts

& Julia's Rice Salad


Sunday August 5

Fish & Potatoes
Hot Vegetable



Monday August 6

Hearty Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
&

Creamed Corn


Tuesday August 7

­Pizza
(freeze one for future use)

No comments: