Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Had a great time...

shopping, and resting south of the border. There were tons of sales on, and I am happy to report that I am the new owner of four new dresses, five new blouses, and undies to match my four colourful cowboy bras! Cowboy bras you may well ask? They are the kind that rounds 'em up and heads 'em out!

Shopping was so much easier this trip, as the styles have changed, and there are actually cuts that work for me! I think the extra few pounds lost have had an effect, too, as I had to go down a size in a lot of the garments.

We tried to keep to the straight and narrow, but the salt content in the food was very noticable. We only ate out once a day, but still, the swelling is uncomfortable to say the least. Our standard "hotel food" meals based on rotisserie chicken didn't work out as well as it usually does. Even with the skin dutifully removed, you could still make a sandwich without the slightest sprinkling of salt! THAT was salty chicken! Another few days, though, and this too shall pass. I know I will have to wait awhile before hitting the scales. Far too depressing to see all the water weight!


We also took a day and went to Swanson's in Fargo for our vitamins. Of course there were a few other stores there that beckoned and made the day trip worthwhile. We had lovely, lazy nights watching old TV shows on Nick at Night...pretty exciting for a couple of oldies, aye?

No comments: