Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Days are confused...

I could swear that today is Saturday! Hubby coming home with Chinese food is definitely a Friday thing...how come it was Monday? Hopefully I will get sorted out today. He had a rough trip home, as he had to drive through a forest fire. The RCMP opened up the highway out of Thompson, but there were a couple of places down the road where he couldn't even see the front of the car. Out of cell range, in the wilderness, with the trees on fire around you? Not an experience I would care for...I was lonesome all weekend, but got some much needed rest. In fact, it was a series of naps, in between baths and bed! I did get a fair amount accomplished in the house, but of course it doesn't show. Sigh. It is the 80/20 principle at work again! Only 20% of the housework you do shows. I just read an article, that said that it is 20% of the food that you eat that gets you into trouble. Is starch 20% of the human diet? Because that is what my downfall is. Keep the cake, but hand over that fresh bread! Rick makes the best caraway rye bread in the universe....I won't let him near the breadmaker, because I know that I could not stop at one slice! Give me the cardboard that is 1 point for two slices, and I will happily focus on the filling! But prime the pump with good bread, and like an alcoholic, one slice is too many and a million not enough!

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: eggs, toast & butter, skim milk

Lunch: veggies and dip, 3 slices of Wasa Fibre Crispbread with Cheez Whiz,Activia yogurt

Supper: Sweet & Sour pork, rice, chicken with veggies

I was quite happy until nine o'clock when hubby showed up with the Chinese food. After eating, there was this sick, queasy feeling that didn't go away. Not sick enough to be sick, but sick enough to make me not want to eat Chinese food for quite awhile. Ick. Don't even like talking about it!

So, today will be busy. We have to pick up some stain, so we can get the deck done, and while we are at it, it would be good to pick up some flowers and some new pots. I would like to plant a couple basil plants and some mint, close to the kitchen door. Maybe tarragon and some thyme too. So much for my gardening! I love white flowers, and every year, I resolve to put more colour into the garden...every year, I succumb to the lure of the soft white petals of every sort of bloom, from petunias to carnations! THIS year, I am going to go for more colour.....

No comments: