Monday, November 12, 2007

Soooo stuffed...

I made one of those ten minute roasts tonight, that comes with its own gravy. On the side? Mashed potatoes , rutabagas...Caesar salad to start and baked apples to finish. I really should have taken a picture of the apples because they were so pretty!

I simply cored gala apples, and mixed butter with brown sugar (1 tsp per person butter, 2 tsp brown sugar per person brown sugar) and cinnamon, stuffed the mixture into the core, and sprinkled some more cinnamon over the top. When it came time to serve, I put one third of a container of orange yogurt on the top of each apple hot from the oven, and wow! Very good, and very low cal to boot. The mixing of the sugar and yogurt made a syrupy goodness on the bottom of the ramekin that was delish! The whole feast came to 12.5 points, and I am so happy with myself! Actually I consumed fewer points than that, because I couldn't finish all of my meat or potatoes. I definitely had no problem with the rutabaga though! Love the stuff! There is some left over for my lunch tomorrow, and I will eat it on its own, with a dab of butter, and a bit of salt, and be quite happy with myself! The Caesar salad was good, too. I made it a little differently, and the dressing works out to only one point for two teaspoons.

  1. In a food processor, place two cloves of garlic, a dash of red wine vinegar and an egg. Pulse till creamy. You can't overdo the processing on this one!
  2. Pour half a cup of olive oil into the little pusher cup with a hole in it, and process until it is all incorporated.
  3. Add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, and 1/4 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese.

When you go to make the salad, put the dressing into a little bowl, and thin down with a bit of milk. M M good! You would never know that it wasn't a full fat version. There are so few points you can have it as often as you like! There were three of us, so I used two T of dressing for the whole salad. With the milk added, it coated one head of romaine very nicely. I sprinkled on some reserved grated cheese before serving, and for the 'non WW people', I passed croutons at the table. Ah, what a night! So, it is time to put a load of laundry in, and settle into my chair for an evening of mind numbing television! Now this is the life!

No comments: