Sunday, September 2, 2012

Just do it....

How easy is that advice to read?  How many things do you know how to do, but don't? Sometimes I think this information age isn't all it is cracked up to be...we all know how to be perfect in form and deed, yet do we do it ?  We might need an action age next, don't you think?

Like salmon, we must like to swim against the current! We are all so good at it! There is something in us that lets our hands dip into the chip bowl three or ten  too many times, and that little voice that tells us that it really isn't convenient to attend to our nails every day, so we will just skip it for now...... Hey, maybe it is stupidity? Laziness? All those qualities that aren't that flattering and so easily applied!  The trick is to make it our habit to do good things for ourselves. Build a solid routine of simple actions that make huge differences in our lives.

Good personal care, good diet, good movement, not necessarily of the bizarre, frenzied "Sweating to the Oldies" variety, but just plain old moving our body in fresh air. Definition of aerobic.  I know that since I simplified all of my routines, I have been doing a lot better in a lot of ways. I still have miles to go before I sleep, but the hardest part of a journey is the first step.

No comments: