Thursday, April 2, 2009

A new month....

brings new resolve...I WISH! Things have sort of tanked in the WW department around here. I am frustrated with counting every crumb and seeing no results. Mind you, holding my own was a bonus...I quickly put on five pounds in my rebellion. Back in the saddle again.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, bacon, toast, butter and skim milk 11 points
Lunch: 1/4 cup cashews, 2 pieces of fudge...I am SO lazy. Calorie count was 255 for this bit of debauchery at 11:57 AM in retrospect lunch! Rules are out the window around here. I want what I want when I want it. I read an article this morning about smart snacking, and how the portions have grown since 1976. No wonder we are fighting the battle of the bulge when we are given such huge amounts to pack away as "normal". If you cut a portion in half that is supposed 3 times what it should be, you are still overeating! We notice a huge difference in the size of portions in the US, but here in Canada we are victims of "inflation" as well. I have been on a diet of some sort since I was 12. Just goes to show that the best way to gain weight is to focus on it, and be really conscientious. I am inclined to believe that those that eat what they like, and like what they eat are so much better off. A craving is a momentary desire, that gets satisfied before it turns into a major outbreak of indulgence. I am learning that it is okay to eat six licorice babies, when I really want to eat the tub. Well, twelve is better, and still under 130 calories. I try to always short the amount of the rated portion. A portion is a lot different than a serving. The article I read this morning said that when they checked a new edition of a classic cookbook, they found the same recipe that originally made thirty brownies, now made sixteen. Two inch cookies are now two fisted four inchers. Hmmm. Easy to see where the problem is, isn't it?

Now, just to do something about it! Eat lots things every day, but a lot less than the "suggested" amount on the labels!

Lunch: See above
Snack:
Supper:

No comments: