Thursday, March 19, 2009

Holidays

Our big treat was to go to the movies every night! It was interesting to see that the cheap theatre seats actually were more accommodating to our long legs than Silver City. So bonus! Also, on Tuesday nights it was a whopping four dollars for the two of us. This is going to become a habit. Thing is, that it is so much better to see a movie in a theatre, where there are no snacks (not at the present prices, that is for sure!) to lead us astray. And the screen size is pretty darn good, too! It recquires a little more activity, and that is always good to burn a few calories. At this time of our lives, it is good to get out and do things. I don't want to become a hibernating crabby old person. I want to go out in the world and be crabby!

We did a little shopping and a lot of eating out, to my chagrin. Tonight I made supper for the first time in a long time - a pork tenderloin that I took out a couple of days ago and managed to avoid cooking. Tonight was the night. So, I cooked it up, and served it with mashed potatoes, carrots, spinach and a marmalade glaze. MMM good!

The menu plan has been long forgotten. It will be catch as catch can until we go to Thompson on Monday.

It has been so much fun wearing my new jeans. They are officially my second skin now. So easy to dress when you have jeans...you just change the top, and you have a new outfit. I still have not tackled the daunting job of clearing out my closet, but that will come one of these days. It takes much longer to talk about than it does to do it. I am pretty good about getting rid of things as they become too big, but there is still a problem with "too much" hiding what I really wear, and want to be able to put my finger on immediately. Tonight i went to my shoe wheel, and discovered a pair of slingback pumps. Who knew I had those? I thought I only had one pair of dress shoes in black. I wore a dress tonight that needs some sort of accessory - scarf didn't work, necklace looked too small...longer necklaces didn't cut it either. I will have to keep my eyes open for something suitable. but it was nice to get out of my "uniform" that I have been wearing lately...the same black dress with different sweaters for most of the winter...mainly because it came to my boot tops, and with my coat formed a cozy cocoon to block the winter chill.

Tomorrow I am going to try to get our taxes done so that won't be hanging over my head any longer. There shouldn't be a big bill to pay ...time will tell. Sometimes I don't get the story I was hoping for though!

No comments: