Thursday, March 12, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I was hoping that this movie would stick closer to the book, but nope. It was still a good movie. It was a pleasant diversion, and so much nicer than hiding away in the family room and falling asleep half way through a movie! Sometimes that can be a good thing, but we have to be more social! We don't want to turn into isolated old people.

We have decided that evenings out are important enough to schedule the time to actually do things instead of talking about them. So, after our big day of eye appointments, and visits to the doctor, we decided to walk on the wild side and hit a movie! It was bitterly cold out, but we went anyway. I found that it was no sacrifice at all to walk past the popcorn at the theatre. After the last time we went, and I actually had the popcorn? I realized that I wasn't missing a thing all the years I have been saying no to it! In fact, between you and me? It was pretty gross tasting. A real treat is my Smartfood White Cheddar. Funny, after all the times I passed on popcorn at the theatre and felt sorry for myself! Now if only I could have the same light bulb moment with things like croissants!

Go figure.

No comments: