Thursday, September 3, 2009

It sure is hot and sticky today!

So for good reason we will have salad, deli potato salad and roast chicken tonight. There. That bit of planning is done!

This morning we hit the ground running, as we both needed to check in with the Dr. to get our prescriptions. Still managed to have two scrambled eggs, and two slices of bacon for breakfast though! Just no time to munch through my gluten free crackerbread. Turns out that my readings are not good to spite my efforts, and insulin dependency looms in my near future. Time to go see the endocrinologist. I guess it was bound to happen, as I have been fighting since 1985 to keep my sugars level with diet, exercise, and about five years ago, finally going on meds. Sigh. This getting old is for the birds. There is a part of me that really wants to keep trying to deal with this through sheer determination, but frankly? I do think it is time to give in. I will have to learn a whole new set of life skills...including math! Well, there are thousands that can do it, so I guess I can as well.

I just finished my lunch of champions. 35 gms of Cheetos and an apple. Okay, okay...I never said I wasn't lazy!

No comments: