Monday, March 3, 2008

Tonight...

I made mini bison meatballs. Bison has 120 calories in 1/2 cup or 100gms...a pretty good deal, with very low fat to boot. I always add finely chopped veggies to the meat, to add a little "zip" but when I am in a rush, I have been known to leave it to manage on its own, with just an egg and a few breadcrumbs. We had guests for dinner tonight, so I am very glad it turned out! The glaze on top is what really sets this apart...ketchup, brown sugar and mustard make a glossy red glaze that is sweet and tangy. A pretty good taste bang for the buck! Of course, we had mashed potatoes and creamed corn - classic comfort food!

But what is really comforting? I am always amazed at the quantity of food I can have on program! I think one of the mistakes I made while not "toting up" online, was that I underestimated the amount of food I could eat, because I sure feel a lot fuller now than I have in the last couple months. Sigh. I am such a slow learner. It feels good to be back!

No comments: