Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cabbage Rolls - 1 point each!


Who knew. The only thing I changed from my regular recipe, was the meat. Bison is my red ground meat of choice these days. I could not believe that these were only one point per cabbage roll! Not a traditional recipe, but hey! I haven't had any complaints so far! And we will likely have them more often, now that I know they are sooooo points friendly.
POINTS® Value: 1
Servings: 27
Ingredients
2 1/4 pound cabbage, all varieties
1 bell pepper(s)
1/2 cup ketchup
8 baby carrots
3 stalks of celery
2 cups cooked white rice
1 cup chopped Maui or Vidalia onion
Bison, ground , 1 LB
1 serving Aylmer's Diced Accent Tomatoes 546 ml (I used the Red Pepper variety today)
1 serving V8 juice 1 can
finely chop bell pepper, celery, carrots and onion in food processor. Add to rice, stir in ground meat.Salt & PepperSteam large cabbage, remove leaves and form into cabbage rolls. 1/3 cup scoop per leaf....makes about 27 uniform cabbage rolls. Mix tomatoes, V8, a little hot sauce and some garlic, pour over all. Bake until tender.

No comments: