Friday, March 21, 2008

PLAN PLAN PLAN

So, this is where I will be in one short week from now! I am fussing about what to take - there are no formal nights, and the criteria is "what you would wear on your own yacht". Well, why would I be reading about what to take if I had a yacht? The first thing I would wear is a lot less flesh, because obviously, I would have a cook that could whip up a grilled chicken breast at midnight when the munchies struck, instead of falling into the Reese's Peanut Butter Bar box! What on earth is it like to own your own yacht? So not my reality!

Bargains sure are though! I am soooo into disposable clothing, which means I can look for "right now" rather than "right". It isn't a long term relationship I need...it is covering for this summer!
Last week I went to Cotton Ginny and found a lot of last summer's clothes in the back section of the store...all the tops were gone, but there were tons of nice Capri's, etc. So, for 29.31 I came home with four pairs of pure cotton Capri's, a jean skirt and a coordinating long sleeved top. The skirt goes with a jacket I purchased last week. My plan is to hang it together as an outfit, and try it on periodically until it fits! The zipper zips, but breathing is difficult. I have never been one to purchase clothing "on spec" but this time? It was just tooooooo good to pass up. I envision a time when this will be the only outfit that still fits me, and it is going to happen. I am taking so long to loose an ounce these days, that it would be so easy to give up. I am still sticking to the straight and narrow though. I have heard that some people plateau for an eternity, and it seems to be working that way with me. I am becoming more fastidious about counting every bite than ever...although, I must admit I have been omitting oils from my diet. I love the flavour of butter, but the oil may be the key for me. Tonight I roasted a chicken breast with tiny potatoes and carrots for supper. I drizzled the olive oil over all, and it was delish if I do say so myself. I still have six points left over to use by midnight, so there just may be a bowl of orange sections and pretzels in my immediate future....but, then there are cabbage rolls in the frig too....I am not even hungry and I am planning my next meal! Food is always on your mind on program. It gets quite boring, really, so that is where having a menu planning book will come in handy. With simple things that are easy to make, and shop for, I can see it being a real lifesaver when I get so sick of all 'thought for food'!


Back to the clothing issue. I must get all the summer duds washed and pressed, ready to pack over the next couple of days. I thought it would be best to pack in "outfits" as mix & match in a hot climate is not really the best way to go. You get hot, and sticky, and need at least two changes of clothing a day. That is how it worked out when we went to Hawaii, anyway. You need the feel of clean cotton against your skin in the heat. I automatically seek shade - there is a built in honing device in fair skinned people that can lead you to the one cactus plant in the dessert that will alleviate the suns harsh rays for even a millisecond. Even in the winter, I walk on the shady side of the street, so, being exposed to full sun that close to the equator is courting disaster for this pink princess! I have a variety of sun screens and blocks, motion sickness tablets, ointments and pain killers for whatever comes our way! I am not really a "roughing it" kind of person. Funnily enough, I can fit all of the paraphernalia (and I won't bore you with my 120 step skin care system that keeps Aloette in business!) in a 20" suitcase, so I guess it isn't as bad as it sounds. The trick is to get the variety of shoes that you need to have...everything else is secondary. If your feet aren't happy, you have a terrible vacation. Who wants to be someplace new, and not able to walk? NOT ME!


Anyway, that is what I have been up to today. PLAN PLAN PLAN!

No comments: