Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Oh joy!

Miracle of miracles, I am down 1.6 pounds. Yesterday should have been my weigh in day, but there wasn't even a slight shift to be seen. So, I am changing my weigh in day to Wednesday! Anything to get that darned line going downwards on the WW chart! So far? A total of 7.6 pounds. I love my lithium battery scale. Never lies to me. I still find myself taking the time to step on three times though. Just to be sure.

Food is the last thing I want to think about in this heat, but an obvious necessity for a chubby diabetic. So, the menu for today is super simple. All-Bran with milk for breakfast, Top Dog hot dogs and Wonder + buns for lunch. There are chicken breasts thawing in the frig for supper, to have with baked yams and a tossed salad. Can't get creative today, folks. Keeping it simple in the heat.

Working out menus to fit into the points value allotment isn't all that difficult. It has been three weeks plus a few days (started on July 3, 2007) so far, and after the first week of "awareness building" things got so much easier. Discovering that foods I have been avoiding were actually low in point value was such a bonus! Corn on the cob, for instance. I am not going to question WW on that one, believe me! One medium cob for a point? Whoo hoo!

After diligently measuring the amount of things like butter, Cheez Whiz and peanut butter I was surprised to find out that I was already pretty accurate in using the "prescribed" amounts. ( a teaspoon of butter per slice of toast, cob of corn or on a bowl of veggies - a tablespoon of PB or CW will do my two pieces of toast) I have changed the type of bread that I eat, from a rich Pro Biotic seedy number at 120 calories for one slice, to a thin whole wheat 'two for 90 calorie' cardboard special, makes a good enough vehicle for my breakfast spread favourites or lunch's smoked turkey. I don't butter my toast anymore either. (although, I am "cheap" with the butter, it still adds up!)

Cheese is another little saboteur, although I was surprised to find that I wasn't using more than an ounce on a shared omelette, or to sprinkle on steamed cauliflower. A little does go a long way. I think I will shred the block that is in the frig, so it won't go mouldy, and that way it will be easier to measure out, too. I am just not a fan of any of the fat free cheese products. Even the name makes me nervous! Ah well. I will just chalk it up to of the mysteries of modern science.

No comments: