Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Deprivation

It boils down to whether you view life in general as a cup half full, or a cup half empty.

It seems to me, that when we have so many foods that were created for our enjoyment, how can I ever feel deprived if I make an effort to explore this world full of tastes and textures? Falling into the rut of eating the same ol' same ol' is impossible if I allow myself to indulge while shopping the "edges" of the supermarket! What can be better than strawberries in February, corn on the cob in January?

You don't have to be a millionaire to be inventive with what is at hand. Take risks. Even if it doesn't turn out great, at least it will be a change! It feels so good to indulge myself by buying the 'good' stuff - in the long run, it isn't nearly as expensive as fast food meals, or the medical issues that follow eating poorly.

Here is my plan for the day!


Morning
Omelet, consisting of:
1 item egg
2 item egg white(s)
1/2 oz German Swiss Cheese
1 cup mushroom(s)
onions

1 serving Safeway Stone Ground Thin Bread 2 slices
2/3 Tbsp butter
1 cup fat-free skim milk


Midday
8 oz plum(s)
Chicken Sandwich


Evening
green leafy salad, with Creamy Caesar dressing
3 oz Pork, tenderloin done on the barby - it looks like another scorcher here

1 cup of steamed potatoes

1/2 cup cooked carrots

barbecued zucchini sliced and sprinkled with
1 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese

Diet Jello, 2 T cool whip

total points use? 22

This is hardly deprivation in my books!

No comments: