Saturday, January 28, 2012

Anybody else got this bug?

I haven't even had time to spend on the computer...life has become a blur of daytime cooking shows and trying to muster enough energy to use the bathtub!  But it seems to be on an upturn, as today, I actually made myself some breakfast and glory be! I AM HERE!

So, the weather is really throwing everyone for a loop. Winnipeg. January. Nice. Not a string of words we are used to hearing. They say that allergies are cutting up because of the mild weather, and I am sure that is part of the problem. My get up and go got up and went.

That being said, I have managed to make one trip to the drugstore. While there, I indulged myself in a few goodies as well as the necessities for nursing a flu-y, achy body. It was seniors day. Now whoever says getting old doesn't pay, couldn't have heard that they give you money20%  off products just for being old. SWEET!

Not only that, but for every fifty dollars spent, they gave you a ten dollar gift certificate!  So, I was in like flint. Now I have a couple of new products to test drive...primarily a new L'Oreal Mascara that promises me "false" lash lushness. Right.

My motivation primarily,  is to prevent blindness from the stinging that most mascaras have inherently built into them!  Visible lashes would be nice, though. I actually have not tried it yet, since I haven't had the opportunity to actually get out of bed since buying it, but I will let you know what I think of it. The mascara I have been using is ELF which is as cheap as dirt, and doesn't bother me in the least. But of course, there could be something better....sigh. Always looking for that holy grail.

Hopefully, this blue funk will lift soon, since we will be leaving on Friday for points west....our first trip out for more than a month. I was home so long, I am starting complain about the grocery bills!  Who knew that eating at home on your own coin was so expensive these days?  Strawberries in January are a necessity, aren't they? Hmmmmm...speaking of which....

No comments: