Sunday, November 1, 2015

Taking Time

Since I have been on this planet for sixty-five plus years, I think I have learned a thing or two about time. I have learned how it passes, mainly. Sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow, but this I know, it always passes.

I am looking forward to this phase of my life. There is a freedom that is available when you are an old lady that just isn't there when you are younger. Take body image for instance. What a waste of time. I am happy now if it works, and isn't in the process of falling off!  Your body is YOUR body. It is something to be nourished and respected. Not pummeled and neglected. What a contrast to obsessing over the calorie count in the only meal you will allow yourself for the day!  Foolishness.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. This beggar should have ridden all over anyone who suggested it was necessary to starve myself like I used to. It all ended badly, for as you know, I am still not remotely close to slim, although years of deprivation should show different results. I have the type of system that just adjusted to the rigid patterns, and stubbornly held on even tighter to the pounds. But that is only one thing that has stolen time from me.

Another  thing is time to speak. Speak up. Speak out. Speak! To whom I like, when I like.  Funny thing? I haven't met too many people that object to this.  If, of course, I am not rocking their boat! People are very protective of their status quo. New thoughts and ideas scare them. Why? Because they are new and yes, people are lazy. It takes effort to think through a new concept! So, they continue doing and saying the same things year after year, and wonder why nothing changes. Telling themselves that they will be "happy when....". When never comes. You wake up every morning and you have a choice. Be happy. Don't be happy. There are always blesisngs in the day, no matter how rotten things look. There is a bright side somewhere. Don't stop turning things over till you find it! Take the time to do that, above all else. Hopefully you are younger than I am and will have more time to enjoy your life as it is, not as you dream it should be. Take the time. You won't regret it.

No comments: