Monday, June 13, 2011

Dull Monday

But not at our table! This morning, I had a fruit cup (1/2 cup of blueberries, 1/2 a nectarine and 1 tsp of Splenda), 1 1/2 servings of vegetables via a half can of  V8 juice, two poached eggs and 1 piece of gluten free toast with a scant teaspoon  of butter. MM MM good! This is going to be a "good, good day"!

Lunch will be Caesar salad ( a small one today!) with a piece of toast. Supper is as of yet undetermined, but so far? It looks like an orange ginger stir fry to use up the leftover chicken and some of the peppers, carrots, onions, cauliflower and mushrooms that are ready and waiting to be turned into something fabulous! Basmati rice will accompany the stir fry, and the extra will provide the cold rice needed for tomorrow's 'beefy' meal...Lisa's meatballs and cabbage. Today's trip out will be to buy celery for that dish. I am really trying to keep the grocery bill down around here as an experiment. Just how much money does it take to feed two old people anyway? I have a tendency to buy as if I am cooking for an army...especially when I hit the produce at Costco. They do have the best quality there, and it stays fresh for a long time. If I buy at Superstore, the stuff seems to rot before I can get to it, so I think that is false economy. So far? There are lots of vegetables left over from last Wednesday's shopping trip. Tomatoes, lettuce, cauliflower, asparagus, peppers, carrots, onions and mushrooms. Not to mention the tons of lemons, limes and oranges. Yesterday, after picking up a few  necessities at the greenhouse (mint, basil and a pot to plant them in) I stopped by Extra foods  for two sweet potatoes, two baking potatoes and some hard raspberry candies. Hey. That is a fruit choice, right?

No comments: