Sunday, June 7, 2009

Okay, who took last month?

Here it is June already. But I do have a new taste treat for you. First of all find a pineapple. A nice golden pineapple. Then, in the center of its little topknot? Pluck a leaf. If it comes away easily, you have a ripe fruit. It makes all the difference in the world to the flavour.

Then, peel the fruit and tuck it away in a covered refrigerator dish. Then, when the mood strikes, you will have a good sweet snack that won't kill you! Today's lunch was a cooked chicken breast (leftover from yesterday) sliced, and arranged on a plate with 1/8 of a pineapple, cut into chunks. I sprinkled a little Kosher salt on the chicken and that was it. The combination of the two items was perfect. Simple and perfect. Now, for tomorrow? I am planning on having some vanilla yogurt mixed with a bit of honey and cinnamon, then drizzled over pineapple slices. We had this for breakfast every day in Hawaii, and it was delish. This pineapple rivals the taste of the ones we had there, so I am really looking forward to it. Now, I wish I would have taken a picture of lunch because it was so simple, but quite pretty when arranged on the plate.

By the way? With all the sickness etc. that has been going on? I gained ten pounds. SO I now am losing the same ten pounds...AGAIN. Oh Joy. But hopefully it will go down as quick as it went up. This is such a bummer! Not moving does have a tendency to pack on the pounds, and all the restaurant meals while we were away last week didn't help a thing, either. I tried my best not to get into anything I shouldn't but there are some times in life, you just have to eat what is in front of you.Especially when you are in the restaurant that was voted best in Regina by the Western Living magazine. As if they know what they were talking about...But I do have this to say. The food was amazing at the Bistro, and we came away with the recipe for the best Sangria I have ever had in my life! Now I just have to go buy some brandy and try it at home. Who knew there was only one glass of white wine in a pitcher of Sangria. And so much other booze! Deadly, but I am sure could be made more calorie wise with a sugar free pop instead!

So, there you have it. Today, I had:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of french bread toast, butter and 120 calories worth of bacon...that is three slices of that precooked stuff from Costco. Hey. It was Sunday.

Lunch: small chicken breast, 1/8 pineapple

Supper: crudites - yellow pepper, green pepper, little tiny tomatoes, cauliflower with Philly low cal dip

Snack, which was really a continuation of supper: bagel chips with Philly dip

Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I have a frig full of fresh veggies so the focus will be on consuming as many of them as possible. I was thinking of a bit of salmon for lunch with fresh pineapple salsa ole...of course, I have to hold the onions, but I do have a jalapeno pepper in the frig that I have been dying to try out.

No comments: