Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wednesday

So, after all the fretting about gaining ten pounds on holiday, I got on the scale this morning to find I am a whole pound below what I was when I left! Airplane bloat, just like my dear daughter-in-law said!

Hubby being away to Montreal has made for some pretty interesting meals around here, but I have discovered the joy of 500 calories. You just eat 500 calories at a time, and don't worry about anything! Sometimes the calories are "healthy" and sometimes they are "emotionally healthy"! For instance, this morning, I had oven fries and eggs, with skim milk. For lunch? I had a Bounty bar. Yes folks, it is a meal replacement product. Supper was a gluten free pizza, topped with pineapple. Lunch was a couple of hundred calories below, and supper was about 60 calories above. It is four in the morning now (napping in my chair is a favourite pass time when hubby is gone!) and I am confused as to what to eat before bed! LOL Think I can safely say it is still cereal and milk time, with a little fruit! Or maybe an ice cream bar? As long as it doesn't have gluten in it, I find that this old body can process just about anything!

Tomorrow I will make a real meal, meat, potatoes, the works. Funny how easy it is to keep within range when you eat that way. Problem is, I am lazy, and it dirties too many dishes to do it every day. But tough it out I will, just for the man's sake!

No comments: