Friday, May 8, 2009

I am alive!

For the first time in weeks, I got out of the house, and went grocery shopping. Haven't done that in quite awhile, and it was getting pretty desperate around here. You should have seen the mouldy yucky stuff that hid away in the recesses of the refrigerator. For weeks I wasn't interested in eating, and in that period of time, a lot of spoilage can happen! So, out with the mouldy cottage cheese, and the rotten mushrooms....still tucked under their plastic, but very, very vile. After I tossed and cleaned the frig, we went shopping. Now I am set for a couple of weeks, give or take a green pepper or two. I actually bought a hot pepper to experiment with...spring comes along and all of a sudden the possibilities are endless for fresh vegetables. Everything looked and smelled soooooooo good today. I guess my appetite is coming back, too. I actually managed to eat three meals today. Breakfast as usual, late lunch of liver sausage and olive sandwich and two lemon cookies and ministroni for supper. MMM good. Now, I know that my choice of sandwich isn't for everyone, but my oh my, what a treat for me!

Tomorrow we are planning to go to the Bulk store, and buy some quinoa... I tried some tonight, and really found it appealing. There are so many ways to serve it, from cereal to a Tex-Mex style. I think it would be a good substitute for bread like items, as it does give the "impression" of that kind of goodness! I will let you know how it all works out.

No comments: